TERMS OF REFERENCE
BLESS is undertaking an extensive community development and charity work. Recently a digital network was installed, tested and operated. This network is meant to help the organization to better communicate and handle activities. The organization is seeking an IT Staff to help with smooth operation as the current network that includes PCs and digital voice communication.
PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT:
Under the supervision of the Executive director of Bishopric of pubLic Ecumenical and Social Services “BLESS”, the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Specialist, will provide technical, operational and procedural support of all computer, digital voice communication and related equipment. The IT Specialist will be assigned to provide end-user services in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of information management, systems, procedures and activities of BLESS office.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Install and maintain ICT hardware equipment and software application. Support technical operation of office-wide computer applications.
· Provide hardware/software technical support and assistance to all end users. Identify problems and manage maintenance of servers, desktops, printers, scanners, external portable digital equipment, power supplies and other computer equipment.
· Install and maintain the office data and telephone voice network. This involves administering user access to the network, network security, remote access via Citrix, wireless Internet access and troubleshooting hardware or software problems experienced on the network, firewall, Quality of Service (QoS) router communications, fax and telephone voice systems. Maintain system log files or logbooks.
· Maintain critical facilities in the server area and secure structured network cabling systems. This also involves regular maintenance and tests of electrical power sources, emergency lighting, ventilation and air-conditioning.
· Create systems documentation including sysadmin and user procedures.
· Maintain inventory of all hardware/network/telecom equipment and software. Administer IT archives, software disks, manuals, documentation, back-up tapes and IT consumable supplies within the Zone Office.
· Supporting the roll-out of new applications, rapidly establishing a good working relationship with software developers, testing and evaluating new technology.
· Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
· Update and conduct tests of business continuity or disaster recovery procedures in case of fail over or recovery scenarios of critical IT and telecommunications systems.
· Liaise with local suppliers on repair and maintenance of computer hardware/network/telecom equipment. Ensure repaired hardware and software are checked and returned properly. Assist in maintaining contact with service contractor and keep track on follow-up action or progress of services.
· The system administrator seeks to ensure that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the computers he or she manages meet the needs of the users, without exceeding the budget.
· To meet these needs, a system administrator may acquire, install, or upgrade computer components and software; provide routine automation; maintain security policies; troubleshoot; train or supervise staff; or offer technical.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
Completion of university degree in electronics and communication engineering, computer science, or computer application and programming. Advanced computer skills required, especially on user support, troubleshooting, network/telecoms, and software systems. Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle and Certified IT Specialist will be preferred.
A minimum of five years’ professional work experience in technical and administrative work related to computers, networks, remote access or any multi-user computer systems.
Experience in computer hardware and peripheral maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting in a Windows environment. Understanding telecommunications and related technical assessment.
In addition to Arabic language, fluency in English (verbal and written).
1. Core Values (required)
· Diversity and Inclusion
2. Core Competencies (required)
· Communication skills
· Critical Thinking
· Logical Thinking
3. Key Functional Competencies (required)
· Problem Solving
· Appling Technical Expertise
· Planning and organizing
· Following Instructions and Procedures