is a holy land, blessed by The visit of
our Lord Jesus Christ for about 4 years:
(1) The population of Egypt at 01/01/2010 is estimated to be more than 78 millions.
(2) The population of Christians in Egypt in the year 2009 is estimated to be about 12 millions (approximately 15%).
(3) People who are under the poverty line in Egypt is estimated to be about 23 million
(4)In Egypt about 74% are literate in urban areas and 51% in rural areas .
(5) The percentage of unemployment in Egypt is 11%.
The Coptic Orthodox Church of Egypt is An Apostolic, mainstream and Traditional Church established by St. Mark the apostle, writer of the 2nd gospel, in the 1st Century. It is the largest Christian Church in the Middle East [with about 12 million faithful in Egypt alone].
BLESS diakonal work is based on a number of theological and biblical understandings:
(1) Human being was created in the image of God as: " God Said let us make man in our image, according to our likeness " (Gen 1:26). Meaning that we perceive the other as an image of God and endeavour to manifest this perception in which people are equal, free and in love with each other. read More ..
نظم مجلس الكنائس العالمى ورشة عمل بعنوان "الدياكونيا وبناء القدرات" شاركت الكنيسة القبطية الارثوذكسية فى هذا اللقاء ممثلة فى حضور الحبر الجليل الانبا يوليوس اسقف الخدمات العامة والاجتماعية ومصر القديمة كما شارك الاستاذ جورج نجيب من اسقفية الخدمات العامة والاجتماعية .